Contents Of This Review
- 1 MediaTemple Hosting Review- Is It A Best Web Hosting Company In 2018?
- 2 Media Temple Hosting Plans & Pricing
- 2.1 The Media Temple Shared Hosting
- 2.2 Media Temple VPS Hosting
- 2.3 The Media Temple Dedicated Hosting
- 2.4 Media Temple Managed WordPress Hosting
- 2.5 Features Of Media Temple Web Hosting
- 2.6 The Media Temple Uptime Test
- 2.7 Media Temple Website MoneyBack Policy
- 2.8 The Media Temple Customer Support
- 2.9 Conclusion: Media Temple Web Hosting Has An Average Performance. Decide Yourself!
Welcome to my Media Temple Review. Intergress Technologies was founded by Demian Sellfors in 1998. In 2003, Demien Sellfors merged this company with Media Temple, one of his customers at that time. He retained the Media Temple name. Headquarters is in Culver City, California. Media Temple sold itself to GoDaddy in 2013, a move that disappointed some of their customers.
MediaTemple Hosting Review- Is It A Best Web Hosting Company In 2018?
Media Temple web hosting enjoyed a generally positive reputation while GoDaddy had been considered by many to be one of the poorer web hosting providers. GoDaddy has said it will let Media Temple operate independently.
The company is a cloud and website hosting provider and its chief focus is on helping innovators, digital entrepreneurs, creative agencies and web developers and designers to give online life to their ideas, providing them with high-performance web hosting using the latest technologies that are optimized for speed and security.
According to Media Temple Reviews, Today Media Temple hosts over 1.5 million sites and has over 125,000 clients in more than 100 different countries. Technologies change all the time but Media Temple’s focus doesn’t waver from the commitment to all customers and their success
Media Temple Hosting Plans & Pricing
Media Temple offers a wide slew of hosting services that fit each webmaster’s needs – shared cloud hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, managed WordPress hosting, even a private cloud server.
Media Temple is credited with building the web’s first public cloud service, the Grid, which uses a cluster of servers to manage customer websites instead of a single server. This grid hosting is sold by the company as its version of shared hosting and is much more powerful and advanced than regular shared hosting service offered by other web hosts in the market. This type of grid architecture handles spikes in traffic very easily, is more scalable and delivers great performance in terms of speed and uptime.
This grid hosting is sold by the company as its version of shared hosting and is much more powerful and advanced than regular shared hosting service offered by other web hosts in the market. This type of grid architecture handles spikes in traffic very easily, is more scalable and delivers great performance in terms of speed and uptime.
This type of grid architecture handles spikes in traffic very easily, is more scalable and delivers great performance in terms of speed and uptime.
Media Temple Grid uses ultrafast SSD storage for both website files and database, comes with 30-day automatic backups, global CDN and 1-click application installs. Also, the OS updates and malware scans are handled by the company.
You have the option of choosing from three grid plans:
This is the basic plan that allows you to host up to 10 websites and comes with 20GB SSD storage and 1TB bandwidth. 1 Google Apps for work email account, 1 site global CDN and malware detection is provided for free.
This plan has a provision for 100GB storage, 5TB bandwidth and can host a maximum of 50 sites. You can use 5 Google Apps for work email accounts with a total of 5 websites covered for malware protection and CDN free of charge.
This is the highest plan under Grid hosting. All features and capabilities are similar to that in Agency plan with an additional set of managed services by CloudTech. These include priority support, 3 monthly on-demand credits, setup assistance and personal consultation.
The above 3 shared grid plans are priced at $30/mo, $150/mo and $350/mo respectively. But if you choose a yearly plan, you get 2 months of service free. Similarly, with 2 year and 3-year plans, you get 5 months and 9 months of service discount respectively.
Media Temple has introduced an interesting concept of resource boosters. If you need more resources for your website but do not want to upgrade to the next service level, you can add a resource boost to
If you need more resources for your website but do not want to upgrade to the next service level, you can add a resource boost to your current plan for a fixed monthly fee.
- Single Boost – It costs $30/mo and adds 10 sites, 10GB storage and 1TB bandwidth limit to your current plan
- Double Boost – It costs $60/mo and adds 20 sites, 20GB storage and 2TB bandwidth limit to your current plan
- Triple Boost – It costs $90/mo and adds 30 sites, 30GB storage and 3TB bandwidth limit to your current plan
Media Temple VPS Hosting
Media Temple Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting solutions have everyone requiring powerful server configurations covered.
- Self-Managed VPS – If you are a Linux expert and would not mind getting your hands dirty, Media Temple offers self-managed VPS, called DV Developer, which is pure raw Linux machine with full command line access. It does not include any control panel and the customer is on their own to install and update any software. This service starts at $30 per month and goes up to $1000/mo depending on the plan you choose from the 6 server configurations available.
- Managed VPS – This VPS service, called DV, comes with a control panel to manage the hosting environment. It can scale up and down instantly according to your website requirements and includes a set of managed services like performance monitoring, automatic backups, malware scan and removal etc. This partially managed VPS service starts at $55 per month and comes with a choice of Plesk or cPanel control panels. There are 6 different plans based on RAM, storage and bandwidth configurations.
- Fully Managed VPS – The fully managed VPS service is for those customers who don’t want to bother with the technical aspects of server configuration and maintenance. The experts at Media Temple take care of server setup, application installs, and updates, performance monitoring, security and support. This is a custom plan and starts at $249 a month.
The Media Temple Dedicated Hosting
With Dedicated Hosting (DV Enterprise), Media Temple customers get to choose from bare metal to fully managed servers. The 3 dedicated server plans are:
- Self-Managed Dedicated Server – starting at $2000/mo
- Managed Dedicated Server – starting at $2500/mo
- Fully Managed Dedicated Server – starting at $2699/mo
All their servers come with following:
- Dual-socket multi-core Intel processors
- 128GB of RAM and 1TB of SSD storage
- 10TB monthly bandwidth
- Choice of 64-bit Linux operating system for self-managed servers – Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian & CentOS
- Full root access and PowerPanel web interface for self-managed servers
- Choice of Odin Plesk or cPanel for managed dedicated servers
- Unlimited domain hosting capability
Media Temple Managed WordPress Hosting
Media Temple offers a premium WordPress hosting service which they claim is fully managed by the core WordPress experts. This includes automatic updates of WordPress core and themes, plugins etc, automated daily backups, round-the-clock monitoring, malware scans and fix. This hosting platform is specially optimized for
This hosting platform is specially optimized for WordPress and hence offers far better performance and reliability. There are 3 managed WordPress hosting plans to choose from:
- Personal – This plan supports up to 2 WordPress installs and 400K monthly visitors and includes 30GB SSD storage. It is priced at $20 per month.
- Studio – This plan comes with 100GB SSD storage and allows 10 websites with a total of 2 million monthly visitors. It is available for $60 a month.
- Agency – This plan costs $240/mo and includes 500GB SSD storage and accommodates up to 50 WordPress installs with monthly traffic of 10 million visitors.
All these plans include a free domain name and 1 free SSL for the first year. Just like Grid service, you can get 2 months, 5 months and 9 months of free service respectively when you buy 1 year, 2 years or 3-year plans.
Features Of Media Temple Web Hosting
Media Temple offers a variety of hosting plans with a different set of features and tools. We will take a look at the basic features offered with their WordPress and shared hosting plans.
- High-performance solid-state drives (SSD) come with every plan.
- Storage starting at 20GB.
- Bandwidth starting from 1TB.
- Google Apps for Work Email Account.
- Global CDN.
- Malware detection and removal.
- 24/7 Live chat support.
- 30 day file backup and restore.
- Git, WP-CLI, SVN, SFTP, and SSH Access.
- 1-Click Installers.
- Custom Dashboard.
- 24/7/365 support. Premium support (for a fee).
- Free domain is included.
- 30-day file backup & restore.
- Free front end site review to uncover potential problems.
- Secure malware alert and removal tool.
- DDoS & intrusion protection.
The Media Temple Uptime Test
Media Temple review websites provide a hardware, network, and infrastructure uptime guarantee of 99.999% for its DV products. This is popularly known as DV 20/20 guarantee.
In the case of any shortfall, they refund customers 20% of monthly hosting fee for every 20 minutes of disruption to service availability.
Scheduled and emergency maintenance activity or DDOS attacks are excluded from this guarantee.
To honor such a lofty uptime promise, Mediatemple ensures that its data centers are maintained to the highest degree of standards and safety.
Media Temple owns 2 datacenters on east and west coasts (Ashburn, VA and El Segundo, CA), both built to Tier IV specifications and connected to each other by a redundant fiber optic connection.
These data centers are equipped with N+2 redundant backup power and cooling systems, 24/7 monitored fire suppression, 24/7 armed security personnel and 48’’raised floors.
Additionally, a team of network engineers is constantly on guard to monitor the networks against any hacks, botnets or other issues.
Media Temple Website MoneyBack Policy
All hosting services from Media Temple come with a money-back guarantee. While most web hosting services have a standard 30-day money back guarantee period but the dedicated server hosting has a smaller window of 7 days. Any setup fee, domain name registration fee, handling fee or cost of service add-ons is non-refundable.
Any setup fee, domain name registration fee, handling fee or cost of service add-ons is non-refundable.
When you cancel your account Media Temple account, the company issues a refund via Paypal or via check or in the form of an in-store credit. For an annually billed service, the prorated refund is calculated on the basis of 10 months since 2 free months is provided by the company for annual plans.
The Calculation for 2 years and 3 years billed plans are also done on a similar basis by reducing the number of free service months. For annually billed media temple services, the prorated refund is calculated on the basis of 10 months, since 2 months is provided free by the company for annual plans. The Calculation for 2 years and 3 years billed plans are also done on a similar basis by reducing the number of free service months
As I already mentioned in this Media Temple Hosting Review, The billing calculation for 2 years and 3 years billed plans are also done on a similar basis by reducing the number of free service months.
The Media Temple Customer Support
24/7/365 support via phone, live chat, email tickets, Facebook and Twitter support, access to a knowledge base of questions and answers and much more. Support staff spends 90% of their working time helping customers.
Conclusion: Media Temple Web Hosting Has An Average Performance. Decide Yourself!
Before considering Media Temple web hosting, you must really do your homework. This provider isn’t the cheapest one and you’re charged extra for numerous other services and products. There are lots of advantages as well, so make a list of all your needs and see if Media Temple web hosting has you covered. Ask all your doubts and questions before making any decisions. Hope you liked my Media Temple Review. Do share your thoughts by commenting it in the comment box below.